ADVERTISING & DESIGN | JOHNSON CITY, TN
Creative Energy is a destination agency, meaning that in addition to consistently creating internationally awarded work with clients spanning the US and abroad, we’re proud to call Johnson City, Tennessee our home, by choice.
With that comes instant access to: the Appalachian Trail; mountain bike trails (part of the MTB Project) and backpacking; world-class fly fishing, river and lake fishing; water sports as diverse as water skiing, white water rafting, kayaking, tubing; skiing and snowboarding; and endless hiking and camping; all nestled amongst a cluster of National Parks in a town that is undergoing a trend-setting renewal. Our agency culture reflects our outdoor interests.
We’re always on the lookout for those who hear the same calling.
A visual designer is able to distill the complex down to clear and effective communication through design across multi-screen initiatives. The designer works independently on projects, or as a member of a project team. The visual designer works to deliver big concepts based off supplied brand strategy and insights. May work with other visual designers to complete design requirements or supervise in-house production, but typically works alongside an art director and/or creative director.
The visual designer produces design across numerous platforms including social media, print and display media, video and others. It is important that while working on a project with a team, that the designer closely follow art and creative direction. Must be able to handle several projects at once while consistently meeting deadlines.
Reports to creative director.
- Provides or sources design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) as required.
- Understands color theory and how to follow/create design systems for brands.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multitask.
- Works with art director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Assist Brand Executives with presentations and new business pitches.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new design software as the agency requires.
- Archives and maintains digital project files, video, project hard copies, photography, illustration, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Competent in mounting, cutting and binding services.
- Uploads completed project files to agency servers and archive system.
- Required to enter time daily.
Requirements For Consideration:
- BFA or equivalent degree.
- Online portfolio.
- 2-3 years of design experience, preferably in an agency environment.