DIGITAL | JOHNSON CITY, TENNESSEE
Creative Energy is a destination agency, meaning that in addition to consistently creating internationally awarded work with clients spanning the US and abroad, we’re proud to call Johnson City, Tennessee our home, by choice.
With that comes instant access to: the Appalachian Trail; mountain bike trails (part of the MTB Project) and backpacking; world-class fly fishing, river and lake fishing; water sports as diverse as water skiing, white water rafting, kayaking, tubing; skiing and snowboarding; and endless hiking and camping; all nestled amongst a cluster of National Parks in a town that is undergoing a trend-setting renewal. Our agency culture reflects our outdoor interests.
We’re always on the lookout for those who hear the same calling.
Are you a web development professional looking to join a growing digital team? Do you love the idea of working for a destination development studio nestled in the mountains, surrounded by national parks – where the best of the great outdoors is literally out your front door? If you answered yes to either of these, or perhaps both – Creative Energy wants to add you to our award winning team!
In this development role, you’ll be working with creative and UX professionals, digital project managers, digital strategists and a team of fellow developers to architect and build impacting websites, software and mobile apps. You will work side by side with experienced team members where you will learn and collaborate to solve functionality and interactive challenges – and take ideas from concept to reality.
- Translate web and interactive designs into functional web assets with precision for graceful responsive functionality
- Maintain, rebuild, and deploy websites in WordPress and our own custom frameworks
- Code new WordPress themes, page templates, and plugins from scratch and modify existing themes and plugins
- Build efficient code that is testable, as well as PHP modules that can be repurposed
- Integrate WordPress plugins, API calls
- Integrate web forms, and 3rd-party apps such as Hubspot, Emma, Google tag manager, and others
- Work with back-end web services such as server-side logic and database integration
- Conduct testing and troubleshoot across multiple web browsers and devices across platforms to ensure fluid user experiences
- Conduct technical SEO best practices for search engine optimized site development
- Conduct beautiful front-end development of digital marketing assets, from full websites and micro-sites – to landing pages, eblast emails, and other projects
- Recommend new technologies, and new process or approaches for use across web development
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field – Or – Bootcamp diploma such as The Iron Yard – Or – You have no college, no technical certificates but you really know your stuff and are always working on projects or experimenting with something new
- 2-3 years of experience as a web developer
- Experience in creating and integrating custom WordPress plugins and themes
- Experience working with WordPress hooks, filters and dynamic content
- Experience creating websites for a mobile-first responsive outcome
- Solid knowledge of PHP, MySQL
- Experience with software versioning control systems (Git)
Tools & Language Experience
- React, Angular, Node, VUE, NoSQL, React Native a plus but not required
- CMS & e-commerce platforms with a focus on WordPress. Experience in Craft, Magento, Big Commerce, WooCommerce, Snipcart a plus
- Git (GitLab or Github a plus)
- Not required but knowledge of following would be plus:
* Angular.js, Node.js
* Some comfortability across the full LAMP stack
* React, or React Native
* DNS Management
* WPEngine Hosting
* Experience with other development languages