ADVERTISING & DESIGN | JOHNSON CITY, TN
Creative Energy is a destination agency, meaning that in addition to consistently creating internationally awarded work with clients spanning the US and abroad, we’re proud to call Johnson City, Tennessee our home, by choice.
With that comes instant access to: the Appalachian Trail; mountain bike trails (part of the MTB Project) and backpacking; world-class fly fishing, river and lake fishing; water sports as diverse as water skiing, white water rafting, kayaking, tubing; skiing and snowboarding; and endless hiking and camping; all nestled amongst a cluster of National Parks in a town that is undergoing a trend-setting renewal. Our agency culture reflects our outdoor interests.
We’re always on the lookout for those who hear the same calling.
The production artist is an entry-level position in the creative department. This position serves as an extension of art directors or designers. The production artist follows direction to create new files from comps as well as resizes, basic re-touching and any printing and mounting the art director or designer deems necessary. Time management is important and when work is complete, file delivery and archive is critical.
Knowledge of production processes, with experience using digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other industry design and production software; reasonable drawing skills; printing processes and specifications; familiarity with typestyles, type design and type specification; stock photography; basic computer retouching and image manipulation; motion graphics; and good communication skills are beneficial.
Reports to an art director or creative director.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multitask.
- Provides design and illustration, resizes, basic retouches and comps from supplied art as required.
- Follows direction of a creative director, art director or designer to complete assigned projects.
- Assists account teams with presentations and new business pitches.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new design, illustration & motion graphics/video software as the agency requires.
- Archives and maintains digital project files, video, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Competent in mounting, cutting and binding services.
- Uploads completed project files to agency servers and archive system.
- Required to enter time daily.
Requirements For Consideration:
- Online portfolio.
- BFA or equivalent degree.