Sr. Project Manager
ADVERTISING & DIGITAL | JOHNSON CITY, TN OR REMOTE
Creative Energy impacts the trajectory of communities both big and small. We build cults of personality around business’ ambitions by transforming passive audiences into active fandoms. This position makes that whole process possible.
The Senior Project Manager keeps our teams running on a daily basis, managing the flow of work throughout the agency from kick-off meeting to delivery. This position shares a seat at the leadership table to solve problems and move obstacles so our teams can thrive.
You identify needs and solve problems while staying cool under pressure. Able to prioritize with a proactive spirit. Must be someone unafraid of risks or standing in the gap. An equally skilled communicator and listener. You are familiar with all production disciplines including print, digital, broadcast and non-traditional media.
- Leading and paving clear paths for creative work for our clients
- Steer cross-functional teams on projects of various sizes
- Work closely with the production manager as you collaborate on project status
- Identify the unique needs of the kinds of projects we work on, needs like diverse communication styles, people resources, and creative solutions to potential risks
- Proactively identify potential pitfalls in the lifecycle of a project, problem-solving and course-correcting to keep the buzz alive
- Work across departments to understand client needs and tap into the necessary resources based on project scope
- Build lasting relationships with account leadership, creative, and production to get work out the door
- Partner with accounting, finance, and business affairs to monitor estimates and their approvals to keep culture moving forward
- Play a part in the creative development processes for each of our client partners, and have the opportunity to make recommendations that could shape them
- Discover new and nimble ways of getting eyes on and securing approvals for internal materials like comps, presentations, mechanicals, and proofs as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in advertising or marketing and communications
- Proven experience in an agency project management role – 5 years minimum
- Strong leadership skills and an aptitude for project management practices/techniques
- Understands the steps, processes and resources involved in completing a wide variety of traditional and nontraditional projects
- Love for training and mentoring, especially junior project managers
- Experience speaking to complicated projects clearly and collaborative to all involved
- Self-motivation, great time management, and believe in the importance of building authentic relationships, and place a strong value on details
- Lives for the challenge in problem-solving, and can come up with creative solutions
- Ability to prioritize, and can remain proactive and flexible when things change
- Adaptability to learn new programs and systems
This is a full-time position based out of Johnson City, TN, one of the country’s top places to live, work, play, and raise a family, and we would love to have you join us here. A hybrid schedule or fully remote is also available.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The job may require traveling overnight, driving long distances as required, sitting for extended periods of time with occasional walking and standing, and occasionally lifting or carrying articles weighing less than 10 pounds.
Creative Energy Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and pursuing a diverse workforce.